1. Consistency: The more Consistent you are the more opportunities you get to be visible in YouTube. Try to post at least two videos in a week.
2. Content: Try to be specific with your content, if you keep on changing topics then you will end up losing subscribers. If you really want to run multiple topics on your channel then try to schedule a specific day for each topic.
3. Creativity: In order to stand apart from other YouTubers, your content should deliver something that is not available elsewhere. You should be the sole owner of your topic. It's tough, but if you are creative then it will definitely benefit to you.
4. Thumbnails: According to me, the 90% of your search engine traffic will convert into viewers only if you have outstanding thumbnails. You can create Free and Premium thumbnails at www.canva.com
5. Title: Title should be selected based on what people are looking for and the best free tool to search for titles is Google Keyword Planner. You need to first create a Google AdWords Account to use this Free tool.
6. Video Quality: Video Quality is really important these days. Hence you should use at least 1440p camera. Lights are more important than the camera resolution and this is the reason why most of the YouTubers invest good money in High Quality lights.
7. Audio Quality: Audio Quality is more important than video Quality and hence investing at least 100 dollars in good quality microphone is crucial for gaining Subscribers.
8. Annotations: Excessive annotations and cards will ruin your video. Try to limit the video with one annotation and card. Using Cards is really important because most of the time the video mentioned in the card starts playing after the current video.
9. Playlists: Every video should be included in a playlist because if the viewer's setting is set to Auto-play then most of the videos from your playlist will start playing one after another.
10. Paid Marketing: Free marketing like sharing on social media platforms will give you some traffic but up to a certain limit. In order to get more traffic, you need to invest some money in Paid Marketing. The best option in my opinion is Google AdWords. In the beginning use only In-Display ads because they have the most potential to convert a viewer into subscriber. In-stream ads can be used later when your aim is to get more views rather than Subscribers.
11. More Detail: Above information may look brief, if you want more detail then you have to go through my book - "YouTube Marketing and Earning Strategies". In this book, I have went step by step to explain each and every point that is required for YouTube Growth.
Click Below Links to Get The Book
Amazon India: http://goo.gl/erl6a8
Amazon Canada: https://goo.gl/ZxkWBi
Amazon USA: http://goo.gl/e56wwd
Amazon UK: http://goo.gl/p3aOt7